Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
We believe connecting the world is one of the greatest challenges of our generation, and that everyone deserves access to the knowledge, tools and opportunities that come from being connected. That’s why we, along with other tech companies, launched Internet.org (http://internet.org/), a global partnership to make the Internet available to the two thirds of the worlds population that doesn’t have it. The Connectivity Lab team is looking for someone to design, simulate, model and test future novel communication technologies and solutions in the wireless and optical domains. The successful candidate will develop models, build and test hypotheses for novel mechanisms for transfer of data in full system solutions. The candidate will be adept at evaluating problems from a global level to the nanoscale, in a variety of domains that include, but are not limited to the communications systems themselves (including but not limited to weather, solar insolation, topological/terrain and scattering/absorption effects).
- Work closely with our communications engineers to model and evaluate new mathematical models/data sets of communications based on propagation models/resource allocation.
- Work closely with our communication platform engineers to model and evaluate system-level issues/optimizations and tie this to the communication technologies.
- Work closely with out data scientists to develop models and perform large scale network architecture models.
- Develop system architecture models studying tradeoffs between the various technologies which we develop in Connectivity Lab.
- Construct new datasets required for global architecture models.
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related technical discipline with at least 1 year of experience in data science with a strong passion for building new technologies for deploying and analyzing field experiments.
- Scientists should be proficient in R.
- Programming: Proficient in Python and SQL.
- At least one of the following: *Experience with field experiments, experimental design, missing data, survey sampling, and/or panel data. *Experience with observational causal inference (e.g., regression adjustment, matching, propensity score stratification), or quasi-experimental methods (e.g., instrumental variables, regression discontinuity, interrupted time series). Knowledge of causal graphical models is a plus. *Experience with bandit optimization, adaptive experimentation, and/or Gaussian processes.
- Experience with numerical simulations, algorithms and optimization methods.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Facebook is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at 1+650-308-7837.