Based on Experience
We currently have a development team in Toronto and we are looking to expand. The “remote” aspect is that we currently have employees working from home offices and meeting up in work-spaces in Toronto several times per week. This position is only open to Canadians living in Toronto.
T-SQL is one of our core technologies, and is a required skill. If you are not solid on T-SQL, please do not apply. Our programming test for all applicants is based on T-SQL through SSMS.
The position of BI Consultant/Developer requires candidates with very strong development skills. This is a client-facing role, so excellent communication skills are also a must. We are looking for applicants who are entrepreneurial, incredibly bright, organized, focused, creative problem solvers, able to work independently, extremely hard-working, and who embrace the home office-based lifestyle. Please note, while we are hiring for a contractor, we are looking for ongoing full-time commitment. It is our intention to open up a Toronto office in the next 12 months and move all Toronto contractors to employee status.
Salary is set depending on your experience. If you can pass our application process we will be able to agree on a salary that works for you.
The role encompasses a combination of consulting and development duties, including:
- Client-facing resource: work directly with our law firm clients to implement and support Iridium BI products
- Report/dashboard design and development
- Manage client product implementations and projects to successful outcomes
- Requirements gathering, both for development projects and consulting/implementation projects
- Design, code, deploy, and test client-specific customizations and enhancements
- Design, code, deploy, and test Iridium BI product features and enhancements
- Development of software tools for internal use
- Technical investigations
- Client support/training
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar
- Strong development skills and experience. Our technologies are SQL Server (relational database, T-SQL, SSAS, SSRS), HTML5, Angular JS, C# and others. While we prefer experience with these technologies, we will consider developers that are familiar with other technologies – our thinking is that hard-core coders can learn any technology stack.
- Excellent written/oral communications skills
- We develop software for law firms. Experience in Legal IT (ADERANT, Elite Enterprise, Elite 3E) is a big plus, but is not required.