Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Our Analytics Team:
Our global team moves analytics, economics, and statistics beyond theory and Big Data buzzwords to the real-world where we provide our customers with actionable insights on their commercial relationships. We don’t just analyze macroeconomic trends, but curate stories around the data, and build products that re-define business intelligence. We describe what’s occurred, what’s changing, and predict what may come to pass.
Do you get excited in solving business problems with data and analytics? Do you always eager to learning new skills & cutting-edge techniques in Data Science? Do you like to work with top-tier clients? Do you like travel? Are you self-motivated and like working on teams? This role might be for you!
- Apply project management skills, statistical expertise, and knowledge of credit data and analytical resources to determine the scope, design, development of data requirements and specifications, statistical analysis or mathematical modeling, summarize results in PowerPoint, including partnership with regional analytical groups, and ensure that deliverables are in accordance with client expectation and business need within time and cost constraints.
- Participate in all aspects of a modeling engagement, including design, development, validation, calibration, documentation, approval, implementation, monitoring, and reporting
- Research complex business issues and engage clients to identify their business needs. Develop, implement, and recommend solutions, including model inputs and end products.
- Strong client collaboration skills, including the ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, potentially C-level executives
- Hands on experience with developing statistical and machine learning solutions, and familiarity with big data technologies.
- Implementation of innovative, strategic, transformational, cross-functional analytic initiatives utilizing agile or lean methodologies.
In this role you will have the opportunity to interact directly with clients and will be required to travel up to 50%.
- Master’s or PhD degree in quantitative disciplines such as Statistics, Economics, Operations Research, and Mathematics with 2-4 years of applicable experience.
- Experience and demonstrated success in client-facing roles over a period of at least two (2) years.
- Expertise in writing programs for data extraction, segmentation and statistical analysis on large Hadoop datasets using languages such as R, SAS, SQL, Hive, Python, C/C++, Java and Pig on Linux, PC, and Hadoop computing platforms. R application development experiences a plus. High level of familiarity with Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Willingness to travel to client locations as needed
- Creative and inquisitive in nature, flexibility to learn and apply new methodologies.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments effectively, set priorities and develop work plans, assemble project teams, structure and execute quantitative analyses, oversee support staff, and meeting deadlines.