Deep Learning: does reality match the hype?
Deep Learning had amazing successes recently, reaching or exceeding human-level performance in
- image recognition (reported used to scan every image uploaded to Facebook for face and object recognition),
- automatic caption generation, (for example this work by Andrej Karpathy and Li Fei-Fei – image below)
- speech recognition (Google Now, Siri, Baidu),
- machine translation
- robotics / motor control
- games (exceeding human-level in many Atari games and defeating a European Go champion),
- and many other areas (watch Oriol Vinyals of Google excellent presentation on recent advances of Deep Learning.
Kalyan Banga219 Posts
I am Kalyan Banga, a Post Graduate in Business Analytics from Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Calcutta, a premier management institute, ranked best B-School in Asia in FT Masters management global rankings. I have spent 14 years in field of Research & Analytics.